Most first-time homebuyers don’t realize that in most cases the remuneration owed to brokers collaborating in a sale is paid from the seller of the property.
- Making this a NO brainer decision for buyers to get a free consultation and choose a professional to help navigate and represent you in the home buying transaction with zero cost to you the BUYER.
- I highly suggest all buyers especially first-time buyers seek the representation of a real estate broker that they feel most comfortable with that has the experience, patience and attention to details. When choosing a broker to work with make sure you are at ease with the person. Ask yourself, does this person take the time to really understand my situation? Does he/she ask relevant questions to get know my wants and needs? While you understand that brokers are only compensated when after a transaction completed, the time spent with a potential buyer varies and can consume a lot of the brokers valuable time. Be cognizant of that make sure you are fully committed to making a purchase. If you’ve chosen the right broker to work with, you should never feel pressured and rushed into making a decision. Keep an open line of communication with your broker if your personal situation changes or if you are feeling that the types of options you are being presented are just not what you envisioned.
A great real estate broker should:
- Always have your back and prioritize your best interests.
- Always ask for your feedback and get your opinions on properties visited.
- Be knowledgeable in the different neighborhoods and properties held within the sectors they work in.
- Provide a blueprint of how the process works and clearly explain the obligations of both parties (broker and buyer(s)).
- Always follow-up and provide reputable third-party referrals and recommendations.
- Always make sure buyers are pre-qualified and are presenting properties that are within their budget.
- Conduct themselves in a professional and courteous/friendly manner.
- Provide exceptional service and go the extra mile.
- Put the needs of the clients first.
- Strive to build and maintain a healthy long lasting relationship.